Temperature and humidity are intertwined, their treatment should be as well.
As temperature rises ⇑, relative humidity goes down ⇓, and vice versa.
Combining both climate control aspects using DryGair’s dehumidifiers with integrated heating/cooling option provides greater control, while simplifying the management and operation of a greenhouse or grow room.
One DryGair dehumidification and heating/cooling unit provides multiple functions:
- Air circulation
All functions utilize DryGair’s unique air distribution module which creates homogeneous climate conditions (temperature and humidity) in different parts of the greenhouse, cultivating uniformity throughout the plants.
How does it work?
- The combined heating and cooling unit is equipped with an additional internal system containing a coil which acts as a heat exchanger.
- The coil is heated or cooled using an external supply of water. Hot or cold water runs through the coil, and the dry air passes through this coil, changing its temperature, heating or cooling it.
- This heated or cooled air is dispersed uniformly throughout the entire growing facility, utilizing DryGair’s unique, patented air distribution module. This creates optimal climate conditions for the plants – ideal temperature and relative humidity levels.
For the best results it is recommended to close the greenhouse, thereby avoiding the energy loss associated with ventilation, and treat the air using DryGair.
Benefits of Combined Heating & Cooling:
- Reduced initial investment for heating and cooling infrastructure
- Energy efficiency
- Smart water usage
- Efficient use of space
- Reduce acclimation equipment